Regional Education Strategist (remote East Coast)
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the East Regional Education Manager, you will be a primary leader in expanding our strategic approach in the largest k-12 school districts, state departments of education and other strategic consortiums. Ideally you will be located near a major airport on the East Coast with a well-established network in the K-12 education sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify key initiatives that will drive revenue for the region
- Create a regional plan that incorporates the following:
- Account plans for top 500 school districts
- Partnership plans for consortiums and state departments of education
- Direct marketing plans customized per territory.
- Build a regional strategy for SMART sponsored events such as executive briefings and product showcases. Work with regional marketing to develop a consistent customer experience and revenue metrics to demonstrate ROI
- Lead the cross-functional team and strategy for key RFP’s in the East Region.
- Present SMART solutions in large competitive evaluations
- Travel with Education Sales Consultants to model best practices for consultative sales and presenting SMART solutions.
- Provide guidance to product management teams to drive educationally relevant strategies and develop roadmap presentations to be used with strategic customers
- Provide guidance on national and local marketing campaigns based on education field experience
- Perform other duties as required
Education and work experience
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years sales experience
- Education Acumen- previous experience either as an educator or education sales representative
- Experience developing strategies and tactics to drive revenue
- Proven track record in achieving sales targets and closing large education RFPs
- Strong communication, interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, energetic and eager to provide leadership and direction to both internal and external SMART team.
- Able to travel as required.
- This position does not have any direct reports
- Home-office based role, fast-paced work environment
- 60% travel across the East Region
- Accordingly, a valid passport, or no impediment to obtain one, is required
- Ideally you will be located near a major airport on the East Coast with a well-established network in the K-12 education sector.