Referral Specialist - Orlando Health Physicians
Orlando Health is a $3.4 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the area's only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 2,900 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the area's largest employers with more than 20,000 employees who serve more than 112,000 inpatients, more than 2.4 million outpatients, and more than 10,000 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at www.orlandohealth.com.
High school graduate or GED
One (1) years of medical office experience
- Completes registration and obtains insurance authorization for new patients, diagnostic testing and for hospital admissions
- Ensures financial information and insurance has been verified.
- Updates patient insurance information in billing systems as needed
- Initiates the referral and authorization process for all services and visits.
- Works closely with nursing and medical staff to facilitate optimal patient care.
- Communicates with the scheduling department to verify each patient's insurance requirements have been satisfied for upcoming appointments.
- Coordinates with other departments as needed to facilitate patient's visit.
- Provides patient with referral information for other physicians and facilities.