Requisition Number: RAMPA05628
As a member of the Menzies Aviation Ramp Agent Team, you will be responsible for loading and unloading cargo and baggage, as well as driving small commercial vehicles in a safe and timely manner. You will be required to maintain a safe and secure work environment, in accordance with local health, safety, and security policies and procedures.
- Watch our Ramp Agent Video Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXNYUIyQLJA
- Comfortably and continuously lift/move 70lbs of cargo and baggage on and off aircraft
- Frequent bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, stacking, squatting, and kneeling in small confined locations
- Operate motorized equipment
- Transport (Drive) cargo and baggage between aircraft, airport terminals, and air cargo facilities
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags
- Ensure safe and secure operations, in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security, and all government statutory requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possess valid US driver's license
- Pass pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Must be comfortable lifting 70lbs repetitively
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Pass FBI background and obtain US Customs Seal
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Prior loading and unloading of heavy products or equipment (preferred)
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to work at heights up to forty (40) feet
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Advancement Opportunities to Lead and Supervisor
- Paid Training
- Uniform Provided
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly work in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, high voltages, and high hydraulic/pneumatic pressures. The employee is also frequently exposed to very loud noise levels, fumes or airborne particles, and hazardous substances, materials, or waste. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear.
Other tasks include digging and shoveling, such as snow removal around equipment and office. An employee may also engage in debris removal which involves lifting, bending, and stooping. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 lbs.