Requisition Number: PROJE03150
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering, and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert continues to be certified as an Employer of Choice by Great PlacetoWork®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth, we are seeking an experiencedProject Engineer for our Water/Wastewater Team (Infrastructure) in our Orlando, FL office.
About the Role:
The Project Engineer supports various phases of our projects, including the entire project or specific segments, depending on the size and scope of the project. The role is fluid and responsibilities will vary based on the project. Some projects may require more design attention, while others tend towards a leadership role and will be working directly with Project Managers, Team Leaders, client stakeholders, and engineering team members.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum BS and preferred MS in Civil, or Environmental Engineering and have 8-10+years of related experience in water/wastewater collection system design, potable water, and reclaimed water distribution
- Must possess a Florida Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Demonstrable knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and water/wastewater collection design/planning software (i.e. WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS,) is desired
- Project experience with preliminary engineering reports, design, permitting, bidding, and construction administration services
- Working knowledge of force main assessment, rehab, and replacement as well as pump station design
- Reside in the Greater Orlando area or be willing to relocate to the Orlando area
- Little to no overnight travel is expected, some activities may be performed in the field, as needed
- Support and contribute to further developing a pipeline of business opportunities.
- Drive and develop teaming opportunities with other water resources and engineering firms in the region
- Facilitate meetings with clients to construct needs analysis and project definitions, and contribute insights and expertise during the RFP response process
- Prepare engineering reports for preliminary engineering design, I/I analysis, or rehabilitation recommendations
- Design and prepare construction drawings for utility piping and pumping systems in AutoCAD Civil 3D and design/planning software (e. WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, etc.)
- Develop engineering estimates and quantity takeoffs; prepare construction specifications and bid documents, and provide inspections of utility construction
- Oversee and direct assignments for CAD designers and EITs and review work completed by both
- Manage project budgets and deadlines
- Experience leading design is required. Leading/mentoring additional staff is preferred, but not required
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and build strong relationships with clients and industry leaders
- Strong technical design proficiency required
- Adaptabilityand responsivenessto industry changes as well as internal initiativesExcellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Ability to support Stormwater design and analysis projects, as well as NPDES stormwater compliance activities, is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in ESRI software is preferred
Woolpert is committed to a vision to become the premier architecture, engineering, and geospatial (AEG) firm, and one of the best companies in the country. It’s a vision we’ve been fine-tuning for decades. It guides our decisions and investments, provides our clients with optimal solutions, and offers our employees unrivaled opportunities. Woolpert is recognized as a
Great Place to Work by its employees and is America’s fastest-growing AEG firm. With more than a century of experience,over1,000 employees, and 30 offices, Woolpert supports public, private, federal, and U.S. military clients nationally and around the globe. For more information, visitwoolpert.comand connect with us onLinkedIn,Twitter, andFacebook.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Learn more about our “Great PlaceToWork” certification:http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc
Woolpert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.