Planning Manager-WFH- Travel Required (Orlando, FL, US, 32824)
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Responsible for measuring, designing, implementing, training and deploying business operating plans within assigned Regions, Districts and Locations - Improvement initiatives as assigned and dictated by business need.
Key Job Activities:
- Support and ensure that the projects and initiatives are planned and delivered to the outcomes. This includes:
- Develop and implements project governance including project change management.
- Manage a central depository of different templates and tools that are approved for effective project delivery.
- Ensure compliance with project initiatives, captures, and tracks including their specific financial impact/Strategic value contributions.
- Provide the roll up of our executive reporting tools and ensures they are delivered on-time and accurate.
- Effectively manage and maintain project risks and issues and following escalation procedures.
- Develop efficiencies in project delivery.
- Implement and monitor KPI’s for project performance.
- Manage potential multi-million-dollar projects including but not limited to facility and equipment moves etc.
- Develop, manage and communicate project integration office needs where there are cross functional dependencies.
- Responsible for numerous deliverables including, Scope definition, Planning, Resource identification/allocation, Gate reviews, Delivery, and overall quality of deliverables.
- Lead the coordination to define the requirements and scope for strategic projects.
- Schedule tasks, deadlines, and key milestones to ensure projects are delivered on time and within scope. Looks for ways to mitigate resource constraints and other risks, associated with the timeline.
- Meets with business sponsors on a regular basis to communicate project progress and discuss issues.
- Resolves issues with the appropriate level of management.
- Effectively manages “scope creep” by building consensus about the necessity to change the original project plan.
- Meets Industrial Engineering and Organizational goals
- Partner with Leaders to roll out centralized procedures globally
- Other related duties as required or requested
Required Education: in Bachelors or Business Studies preferred
Experience (North America):
- Five or more years of relevant business or project management experience required, demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- LEAN certification preferred.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.