Physical Therapy Assistant Adult Acute Care Neuro, Behavioral Health, Oncology and ICU Orlando FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Full Time – Sunday – Thursday – 8:00 am – 4:30p
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Based on the findings and goals established by the Physical Therapist evaluation, the Therapist Assistant implements an individualized treatment plan of care utilizing Practice Standards and recommended techniques, insurance guidelines and patient's needs. Modifies treatment plan as appropriate based upon on-going assessments and consultation with the Physical Therapist.
- Collects patient data and communicates to the Physical Therapist regarding discharge recommendations when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to the standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology, following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department /hospital policy and procedures.
- Charges patients accurately, timely and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format, price file and according to insurance guidelines.
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development for assigned patient age population. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior, motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Interprets data relative to patient age. Modifies approach and communication skills appropriate to the patient served, which may include: Neonate/Infant (birth < 1), Pediatric (1 < 12 yrs), Adolescent (12 < 18 yrs), Adult (18 < 65 yrs) and Geriatric (65• yrs).
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate's degree in Physical Therapy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida license as a Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Temporary State of Florida permit as Physical Therapist Assistant*
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
The Physical Therapy/Therapist Assistant provides direct and indirect services to specific age groups in the acute care, inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. May supervise other Physical Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapist Assistant interns, technical aides and volunteers. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.