Physical Therapy Assistant-Orlando, FL
DORN Companies, leading the country in wellness-based pain management and injury prevention is looking for an Independent Subcontractor to provide on-site services in support of employee wellness. Our primary goal is to help reduce pain and discomfort as well as risk of injury in the workplace.
DORN is seeking a licensed physical Therapy assistant to focus on providing correctional modalities: deep tissue therapy, myofascial release, NMT and self-care techniques.
This role will be a combination of services including on the floor coaching and monitoring as well as delivering deep tissue therapy. DORN’s coaching and monitoring service involves assessing the workplace environment for risk and coaching employees (one-on-one or in small groups) in real-time on safer work habits.
Job specific training will be provided by DORN.
Location: Orlando, FL 32824
Training: 2-day training session will be held in Orlando
Training/Start dates: TBD
Hours: 5 hours per week, plus possible additional substitution hours
DORN offers a full suite of services that address employee’s pain and discomfort and helps to reduce the risk of injury. Our program aligns with the Total Worker Health concept and will include:
- Deep tissue therapy, myofascial release, NMT and self-care techniques
- Workstation observation
- Participation in client safety meetings
Qualifications and Skills
- Licensed massage therapist experienced in bodywork (3-year min preferred)
- Experience in deep tissue/myofascial release/NMT, medical massage preferred
- Interested in Exercise Physiology and Ergonomics
- Desire and willingness to be trained on additional services including ergonomics and bio-mechanics
- Strong observation and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills with clients and management
- Ability to coach and correct body movements with a positive attitude
- Prefer individuals with Covid-19 vaccination due to the close proximity of bodywork
All successful candidates must pass a background check and drug screen and must adhere to company’s ethics policies.