Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will complete a variety of pharmacy tasks and services, including being responsible for the daily operations of the pharmacy within the established policies and guidelines. You will work under the direction of a licensed pharmacist, and you are able to work independently. You will not provide direct care to patients.
- Picking up drug orders at the nursing station(s) and preparing medications under the supervision of the pharmacist on shift.
- Delivering the appropriate quantities of the medication to the correct patient area(s).
- Assisting with accurate billing and crediting of patient medications.
- Maintaining drugs in the pharmacy according to the Drug Formulary and, per policy, including ordering, receiving, storing and filling out all necessary paperwork.
- Monitoring doses administered according to Medication Administration Record on the narcotics sign-out record.
- Maintaining all forms and reports necessary for the control of narcotics and other controlled substances.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member. You should have a strong knowledge of medical terminology, as you will be reading and updating patient charts. You will also know how to create compound medications, IV fluids, nutritional mixtures, etc.
- Having your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possessing at least one (1) year of Pharmacy Technician experience.
- Having your current Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred, unless required by the state.
- Hospital experience is preferred.
- Having an upbeat, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
We'd love for you to join our team!