Patient Care Coordinator -AdventHealth Medical Group
Location Address: 2005 Mizell Ave, Ste 2100, Winter Park, FL 32792
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
Work Hours/Shift: Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-2pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Answers phones, schedules patient appointments and triages patient phone calls. Returns telephone calls in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes work tasks, maintains a steady work flow, follows through until task is complete. Uses appropriate problem solving and decision making abilities based on established protocols.
- Thoroughly explains procedures, treatments and nursing care to patients and/or family.
- Reviews patient charts to ensure that all test results and correspondence are present prior to the physician seeing the patient. Obtains appropriate authorizations from patient’s insurance carrier.
- Assists with maintaining tickler file for diagnostic testing results. Assists with reviewing on a weekly basis to ensure no patient appointments were missed.
What You WillNeed:
- High School graduate or equivalent is required.
- 1 year of medical office experience required, 2years preferred.
- Clinical experience as an RN, LPN, MA or SWpreferred.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading,writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carryout job requirements.
The Patient Care Coordinator providescontinuous and well rounded care to surgical and non-surgical patients. Educates the patient and/or family onpre-operative and post-operative care in addition to the treatments beingprovided in the practice. Schedulessurgical procedures, pre-admission testing and serves as a liaison between thepatient and practice support staff. Monitors the patients course of treatment and communicates pertinentinformation to the physician to obtain referrals and/or orders for medicationand/or diagnostic tests. Displays acaring and professional attitude at all times as well as maintaining personaland professional growth.