Patient Care Coordinator -
Orlando South location (by MCO airport)
Our client is a national leader in the healthcare / pharmaceutical space, and they are currently searching for a Patient Care Coordinator for their Orlando office. This is a specialty pharmacy opening that works with important specialty pharmacy patients and pharmaceuticals.
We are looking for an experienced Patient Care Coordinator with healthcare call center experience. Above all, we need a friendly and customer service focused Patient Care Coordinator! This is an elevated position with specialized patient needs and pharmaceuticals that require advanced attention and care.
This is a permanent hire position with health benefits and PTO/vacation days. Please contact for hourly compensation range and additional details. This is a Monday - Friday position with no weekend or night hours. Scheduled 40 hours per week with shift of 11:30am - 8:00pm
Make outbound calls to patients and healthcare facilities to move the Patient Care process forward. Perform duties to respond to incoming pharmacy calls and make routine outbound calls to assist current patients and prescriber's offices with maintenance of monthly prescription refills and address related questions and concerns and provide world-class customer service, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
- Make outbound calls and respond to incoming calls from current patients and prescriber's offices, as primary representative, to process medication refills and schedule delivery to ensure continuity and maintenance of therapy while building trusted and enduring customer relationships that yield loyalty.
- Document refill requests and patient contact in computer system.
- Ensure that callers needs are met, address questions and concerns and escalate issues involving complex clinical matters to clinical team as appropriate.
- Enter prescription refill orders in accordance with defined policies, procedures, regulations, and guided by focus on customer service and refill processing metrics.
- Facilitate communication between internal team, patients and prescribers offices to support patients therapy compliance through transmittal of status updates, template letters, notifications of triage or transfer, and other similar actions designed to maintain effective and efficient response and superior service quality.
- Contact patients to schedule delivery of medications in keeping with their requirements or to communicate refill denials and encourage follow up contact with their prescription provider. Access records in computer system to identify and follow up on failed attempts to contact patients and providers to schedule medication deliveries and re-attempt contact, maintaining attention to details and avoid delays or interruptions in therapy.
- Document case activity, communications and correspondence in computer system to ensure completeness and accuracy of patient contact records. Ensure that work activities are conducted in compliance with regulatory requirements and the organizations defined standards and procedures, and in a manner that provides the best available level of service and quality.
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Superior telephone customer service and relationship building skills.
- Ability to read and interpret and follow detailed instructions on computer screens.
- Demonstrated strength in listening, understanding, clear speaking (oral) and written communications in English.
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding delivery requirements and their prescription needs in a language other than English is desirable.
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills, including Excel and Outlook in Windows format with demonstrated adaptability to internal pharmacy systems.
- Basic High School and additional specialized training in general office routines and computer and software operation.
- Minimum 2 year experience of telephone high touch, high quality customer service experience involving computer skills.
- Healthcare - Pharmaceutical experience. Prior experience in medical or specialty pharmacy setting required
If you have a background in a healthcare or pharmaceuticals and experience in the Patient Care process please apply to be contacted by our Recruiting Team.