Generate income opportunities and sales for SESCO by working with Rigging Sales Manager, Regional Manager, specifiers, electrical distributors, rigging dealers, and end-users. Promote SESCO’s rigging products through direct contact with the rigging sales channels.
- Identify and establish new opportunities both inside and outside the theater market to educate and recommend SESCO.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with local and state School/University Officials.
- Maintain relationships with theatrical consultants throughout the SESCO Lighting territory.
- Work with dealers and reps to call on end-users and specifiers (consultants, engineers, and architects) to get specified on new projects.
- Keep abreast of consultant activity relating to rigging projects.
- Maintain contact with key end-user accounts.
- Help promote SESCO through direct visits with customers and future prospects.
- Develop personal and long-term relationships with all clients.
- Keep up-to-date technically.
- Identify and attend regional tradeshows.
- Understand all aspects of customer sales and service including but not limited to order entry, returns, obtaining catalog numbers and pricing on replacement parts, some or all aspects of project management, etc.
- Estimate sizes, distance, and quantities; or determine time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity.
- Ensure quick and proper response to all customer requests.
- Actively follow up on proposals and close or assist in closing orders.
- Analyze and make timely critical decisions displaying good judgement.
- Travel for sales or training as required.
- Complete expense reports and turn in for approval.
- Stay abreast of the competitive sales environment.
- Know the competition and their operational styles.
- Resolve problems quickly.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present in a professional manner.
- General knowledge of theater; rigging experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of AutoCad and Revit preferred.
- Excellent sales skills including cold calling, building relationships, selling value, and customer service.
- Must possess experience in project quotations.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver license, a good driving record, and willingness to travel extensively within the SESCO footprint.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and utilize internet search engines.
Education and Experience
- BA Degree in Theater Arts or at least 3 years of experience in the theatrical lighting or rigging industry.
SESCO is a 100% ESOP company so our standard for excellence comes from within.