Nurse Midwife, Certified (ARNP) - Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies
Certified Nurse Midwife (Night Shift)
Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies is the second largest women's hospital in the country providing care to the Central Florida community and beyond. WPH is an ANCC Magnet Designated facility as well as the largest center to receive the Baby Friendly Designation. Winnie Palmer Hospital averages 40 deliveries and 100 ED visits per day.
The OB Hospitalist Team is comprised of 25 OB Hospitalist physicians who offer 24/7 inpatient and women's emergency department coverage, and we are looking to expand midwife coverage to meet those needs. WPH currently has 8 CNMs that provide care in the inpatient setting, triage (ED), as well as in Maternal Fetal Medicine and High Risk OB Clinic. The team is seeking an additional, experienced Midwife to join the department to assist with night shift coverage.
- The CNM is expected to help with postpartum rounds, cover laboring patients, vaginal deliveries, and assist with cesarean sections.
- Within WPH Triage, the CNM is responsible for assessing, treating, and managing pregnant and gynecological problems.
- Overall CNM care encompasses preconception counseling, care during pregnancy and childbirth, care for high risk pregnancies prenatally, normal gynecological services, and contraceptive care.
- The CNM is permitted to handle emergency situations and to provide collaborative practice per protocol.
- The CNM provides surgical assistance.
- The CNM provides medical resident education as well as APRN and CNM education during student rotations.
Master's degree in Nursing as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in the nurse Midwife category.
Minimum 2 years' experience as a Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Certified as a Certified Nurse-Midwife by the American College of Nurse Midwives or the American Counsel of Nurse Midwives renewed every eight (8) years and after 2010 renewed every five (5) years.
- Current active certification and licensure in the State of Florida as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the nurse midwifery category renewed every two (2) years.
- Maintains current BLS and NRP certification.