Neonatal Pediatric Respiratory Therapist -AdventHealth for Children Orlando
Location Address: Orlando, Fl 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth for Children Orlando
- AdventHealth for Children has again been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a Best Children’s Hospital for newborn care
- AdventHealth for Children holds the gold standard Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Our Pediatric Cellular Therapy program is accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), an internationally-recognized accrediting body for hospitals offering stem cell transplant.
- Full Time 3 12's Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs respiratory therapies and oxygen delivery therapies and makes recommendations to the most efficient delivery method per protocol.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, protocols, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per protocol.
- Performs airway maintenance including: proper use of manual resuscitators, suctioning, extubating, assists with tracheostomy tube insertion, performs trach tube change, oral and nasal pharyngeal airway insertion, LMA insertion, endotracheal intubation, and procedural respiratory support.
- Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and advanced modes of ventilation per policy and procedure.
- Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors Heliox and Nitric oxide.
What You WillNeed:
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
- Active and Current Florida State License as Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification
- ActiveRegistered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board for RespiratoryCare (NBRC) (Preferred)
The Neonatal Respiratory Therapist is responsible for assessing,planning, implementing, and evaluating the treatment, care, and needs of anassigned group of patients. He / she must be able to accept leadershipresponsibility in the absence of a Lead Therapist as directed. Adheres to AdventHealthCorporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicablelocal, state and federal agencies and