Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Mechanic 1 performs preventive maintenance and makes minor repairs on equipment within the area of responsibility as needed in the safest and most effective way possible to avoid down time.
- Performs check-ins and minor repairs when equipment is returned to the shop.
- Assists other shop mechanics with loading and unloading of equipment as needed.
- Assists other equipment mechanics with electrical, hydraulic, and/or diesel engine repairs or maintenance of construction equipment as needed.
- Cleans, pressure washes and preps equipment for repairs.
- May primarily perform full service maintenance on small equipment, e.g., two-stroke engines, generators or diagnose simple mechanical problems on small electrics, e.g., circuit breakers.
- Maintain safe work environment and perform duties in accordance with safety standards
Education & Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of mechanic experience with diesel equipment and/or heavy construction equipment strongly preferred
- High school diploma or GED required, some trade school or equivalent training desired
- May need to provide mechanic’s tools of trade
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to work independently and be flexible regarding work assignments
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a high degree of safety-awareness
- Working knowledge of equipment design and safety requirements
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Gear up for an exciting career!