1) Manage Job Set-up/Scheduling - This will require a communication with the Construction Manager (CM) to determine the actual pour date. Based upon that pour date, all lumber drops are determined and staggered into the release for even flow of trade base, and entered into BuildPro. If pour date changes, all lumber drops and subsequent trades for the homes in this release must be rescheduled. Meritage Forward initiatives regarding the “batching“ of trades are incorporated at this time for trades up to the Stage 2 Framing phase. During this activity, any missing trades on the schedule are communicated to purchasing to resolve contractual or integration errors with the system.
2) Updating/Rescheduling – All maintenance to keep BuildPro up-to-date. This will require daily communications to communities to identify which, if any, trades/task completion date failures have occurred (and if defects have been submitted) and new task completion dates are confirmed and entered into BuildPro. This may only be a 5-10 minute review of daily issues that takes place before noon. Additional “batching“ per Meritage Forward will be implemented for trades beyond the Stage 2 (i.e. – Windows , exterior doors, Batt & Felt, stock sheetrock, etc).
3) Gives support to Production manager regarding overlap of schedules (possibly due to delay of previous releases) with new releases that may affect start/completion dates.
4) Reports template issues to the Production manager which may require to modifications. Assists CMs with purchasing integration issues as needed to eliminate conflicting scheduling dates per trades with late options adds, and works with Production manager to resolve missing data/PO issues for trades.
5) Assists Production manager in identifying and tracking trends in internal issues regarding BuildPro update failures due to untimely reporting by CMs, early payments, CM scheduling at the field level, and failure to adhere to centralized scheduling. (i.e. – Pulling trades from one job to use on another without informing the area managers and the Production manager).
6) Provide data as needed to internal and external users as needed.
- May need to some auditing and/or scheduling support through site visits 1-2 times per month.
Successful performance requirements of Production department goals and company business goals. Participate and execute all assigned key initiative task and goals. May be required to perform other duties outside of responsibilities listed.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as well as team goals that govern this position.
- Have a positive “Can Do“ attitude
- Be an ambassador of Meritage Homes
- Maintain professional appearance
- Listen with care
- Communicate clearly and often
- Do what you say you will do
- Have an appropriate sense of urgency
- Sincerely care with vested interest of Meritage Homes team.
- Strong construction background
- Clear understanding of homebuilding schedules and laws of manufacturing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Ability to form strong relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to deal with constant change
- Ability to learn and use Hyphen BuildPro software system
- Technical knowledge and skills to manage through computer software programs
- Knowledge and ability to efficiently use current office technology and tools
Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity? Well, look no further! At Meritage Homes, we offer a variety of different careers and are dedicated to building beautiful, environmentally friendly homes, that give our customers the most memorable moments with their loved ones. Meritage Homes is a national top 10 homebuilder and a 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year in Sustained Excellence for being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy efficiency in homebuilding. If you have a self-starter mindset and want to be a part of something great, come join a company that helps people live happier, healthier lives.
When joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several ways, including:
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Maintaining a consistent competitive drive to be the best
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working environment
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Having pride in delivering a quality product that benefits people and the environment
- The opportunity to further your career in a growing national organization
- Team atmosphere where every individual is considered a vital part of the team