Requisition Number: MAINT04732
You are headed to a fresh start at the newly renovated Courtyard by Orlando Downtownl; we are looking for dedicated Maintenance Engineer to join our Team.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Change, replace, install equipment including, but not limited to, toilet seats, toilet bowls, water tanks, doors, hinges, stops, knobs, locks, fuses, circuit breakers, light bulbs, switches and outlet plates as required
- Perform minor repairs to electrical, plumbing, carpentry or paint work, including but not limited to faucets, shower heads, pipe sections, desk chairs, beds, headboards, dressers, shelves, window tracks, window shades, ceiling tiles, wallboard, vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, kitchen equipment, washing machines and TV sets as needed
- Ensure TV and movie boxes and all electrical circuits are in good working order
- Ensure proper placement of and sufficient power to sound and lighting equipment in all hotel areas.
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be painted or papered. Ensure proper use of brushes and paints
- Patch holes and cracks in walls, replace tiles, ceilings and floors
- Maintain and clean all equipment used in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, paint and work areas.
- Operate trash compactor in safe and correct manner, and recycling system
- Rotate trash containers to ensure disposal of trash each day and recycling system.
- Separate trash for recycling purposes in accordance with government standards
- Interact in a courteous and professional manner with all guest and staff
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of work area. Use PPE as needed.
- Attend departmental meetings as required
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests
Qualifications, Job knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- General knowledge of skilled trades such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry
- Minimum of 1 year maintenance experience
- Technical Certification or higher education graduate preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, i.e. blueprints and mechanical drawings and mechanical maintenance instructions
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively with guests/co-workers; respond to guest/employee requests, with high level of patience, diplomacy and tact. Excellent interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good computer skills preferred; Ability to use Excel
- Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests, employees and co-workers
Thrive with our comprehensive Benefits Package-featuring Medical, Dental and Eye Care, 401K Plans, Short and Long Term Disability, International Travel Perks, Team Member Recognition Events, Outings and much more!
Turnberry|Doing Social Good is our initiative to make an impact in the local community and we are committed to supporting high impact initiatives and organizations and are proud partners of many local and national charities.
Exceptionally Managed by Turnberry.
A rewarding and challenging experience awaits you as a Turnberry team member. We are one of America's premier real estate development and property management companies. Founded more than 50 years ago, Turnberry has built over 20 million square feet of retail space, more than 7,000 luxury condominium and condo-hotel units, 1.5 million square feet of class “A“ office space, in excess of 2,000 hotel and luxury resort rooms, as well as a number of exciting new projects currently in various phases of development.
Turnberry has a Substance Abuse Policy and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.