Performs janitorial cleaning of building work area, equipment and fixture surfaces. Cleans and keeps in an orderly condition factory working areas and washrooms, or premises of an office or commercial or other establishment. Must work in accordance to the Statement of Work.
- Perform janitorial duties by using only approved cleaning products.
- Perform cleaning of all areas of the building as directed.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, mirrors, and fixtures using both step and extension ladders.
- Dust furniture and fixtures.
- Polish metal, fixtures and trimmings.
- Clean lavatories, showers and restroom areas.
- Re-stock supplies.
- Wash windows.
- Remove trash, recycling and other refuse daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-up.
- Sweep and/or vacuum assigned building work areas.
- Shampoos carpets.
- Mop and/or scrub floor surfaces.
- Polish and/or wax floor areas.
- Complete non-routing cleaning according to specified work requests.
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests.
- Perform grounds work to include weeding, adding/removing mulch and picking up debris.
- Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green spaces and parking areas.
- Loads and unloads supplies using dollies or handcarts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in building janitorial services.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government background security clearance.
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the janitorial service.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Knowledge of the proper use of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides
- Focused on providing strong customer service.
- Capacity to take direction.
- Must have basic reading and writing skills.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Able to perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong attendance record and be punctual.
- Able to work with others in a professional manner.
- Follows and works in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Occasionally required to work evening and/or weekend
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
High School Diploma / GED
0 - 25%