POSITION TITLE: Party Leader
DIRECT REPORT: Public Skating / Birthday Party Team Leader
DEPARTMENT: Ice Birthday Parties
POSITION STATUS: Part-time, hourly position
COMPENSATION: $9 per hour
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: To assist in the execution of birthday parties at RDV Sportsplex Ice Den. Act as host/hostess for the entire birthday party.
- Bill all birthday parties associated with the RDV Sportsplex Ice Den.
- Coordinate and operate all party event equipment including but not limited to: tables, chairs and supplies.
- Work cooperatively with Public Skating/Birthday
Party Team Leader and Ice Den Manager to ensure consistency and communication as it relates to party activities and schedules.
- Work cooperatively within the Ice Den Team to fulfill all parties.
- Provide superior customer service in a timely, professional and courteous manner as outlined by the Ice Den customer service standards.
- Work cooperatively with Bear Bites for all party activities, i.e. soda and pizza orders.
- Work cooperatively with Ice Den staff, including MOD's, Skate Patrol and Service Desk staff.
- Responsible for set-up and clean up of party area for all parties. Including sweeping floors, cleaning tables, dusting window sills, removing tape and all party decorations and washing soda pitchers. Empty trash as necessary.
- Provide superior customer service with party parents, guests and especially the party child to exceed expectations and create a positive lasting birthday memory!
- Maintain a neat and professional personal appearance, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or prior work experience preferred.
- Experience in working with children from an educational, recreational, entertainment or coaching standpoint.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously while still providing attention to detail.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Cooperative attitude; team oriented disposition.
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Able to work evening and weekend hours.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to ice skate required.
- Physical Requirements: Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot; Lift/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs; perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with
assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone; See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
BENEFITS: Complimentary immediate family membership, discounts on membership for additional family members, member rates for participation in lessons/programs and 25% retail discount.