With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. Built on the legacy of James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the American Civil War, Hanger is steeped in 150 years of clinical excellence and innovation with a vision to be the partner of choice for products and services that enhance human physical capability. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Hanger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - female/minority/disability/vet.
Could This Be For You?
The O & P Fabrication Specialist fabricates orthoses and prostheses to provide maximum fit, function, cosmetics and workmanship. The Fabrication Specialist is expected to keep abreast of all new fabricating techniques and must be familiar with the properties of pertinent materials and must be skilled in the use of appropriate equipment.
- Perform fabrication and repair of orthotic and/or prosthetic devices, according to Company quality and quantity standards.
- Perform ordering and receiving and other inventory tasks as assigned.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Adhere to all safety regulations and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements
- Train new employees. May serve as a team leader.
- Perform other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED, and
- 6+ years of related experience; an associate's degree in Orthotics & Prosthetics may be substituted for 2 years of related experience.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, stand, squat and crouch, communicate with other employees and to operate machinery. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be capable of functioning effectively under moderate or high stress levels due to work subject to time constraints, responsibility to deliver, and the need for rapid adaptation within a dynamic work environment. The noise level in the work environment can be significant while using machinery. Protective equipment is provided.
Additional Success Factors
- Knowledge and hand skills needed to fabricate and repair prostheses (artificial limbs) and orthoses (orthopedic braces) according to specifications.
- As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes tasks in creative and effective ways.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Makes recommendations for new procedures.
- Mechanical ability and hand-eye coordination to use laboratory tools safely and effectively.
- Effective organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Good interpersonal and verbal skills for communicating with others.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment in You
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
Hanger, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. Retaliation against any employee for filing or supporting a complaint of discrimination or harassment is prohibited.