Requisition Number: EXPER01261
Be a part of something that matters. Aviation is at a turning point – with important decisions to make and actions to take. Our sustainability and resilience team plays an integral role in airports and aviation businesses’ efforts to achieve cost and resource savings, reduce impacts, optimize operations, and engage stakeholders in a meaningful manner. Our team is sought after across the country for our expertise, strategic advising, and effective engagement. We are excited to expand, which will enable us to serve a wider range of diverse clients with growing needs.
Who Are We?
C&S Companies (*operating for 50 years),* is a national planning, design & construction firm with over 450 employees and growing. C&S delivers critical infrastructure design, planning and construction services in aviation, civil/site infrastructure, construction and program management, construction design-build, energy, environmental, facilities, architecture, planning, sustainability and transportation.
Hear it best from your future teammate Kailey Eldredge: “The C&S aviation sustainability team provides a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and have hands-on involvement with a project from start to finish.”
We are seeking passionate professionals to join our dedicated Aviation Sustainability and Resilience practice.
What do we do?
Sustainability is dynamic – and so is our practice. We make leaders, in our team and of our clients. Example projects include:
- Sustainability management and sustainable master plans, focusing on value-added initiatives tailored to unique opportunities and challenges
- Carbon management and reduction strategies, including Airport Carbon Accreditation support
- Climate resilience and adaptation planning
- Emerging technologies and renewables
- Sustainability integration into design and construction projects – frequently collaborating with our Engineering teammates on major airport capital projects
- Stakeholder engagement and outreach
- LEED, WELL, Envision, and other sustainability rating systems - Administration and execution (our team proudly delivered the first 5 airfield Envision awards)
- Zero waste planning and implementation
- Funding support for innovative grant programs
We tailor our approach to every client, every region and every project to maximize value. As a result, every day on the job is different.
How we Work as a Team
We are privileged to work with clients across the country in different regions and climates. We also collaborate as a team across time zones. To ensure exceptional service (internally and externally), we value excellent communication skills and responsiveness. Fortunately, our IT team makes this easy with top-of-the-line technology platforms and tools.
While we coordinate frequently via remote meeting software and other tools, in-person connections are instrumental to our work. Therefore, travel is a part of our business. Depending on the project and the skills that you bring, you may expect to travel once or twice a month. Trips are typically one to three nights.
Walking the walk
In addition to our consulting work, we actively participate in C&S’s corporate sustainability program! We prioritize sustainability education among our teammates, have reduced resource consumption and waste at our offices, and are committed to offsetting carbon emissions from all business air travel through the Good Traveler Program. We are in the process of pursuing solar at our Syracuse location and establishing a green revolving fund to enable future investments in sustainability. We’re proud of these accomplishments – but will need to do more and welcome your input and ideas!
What We’re Looking For In a New Teammate
The ideal candidate will have experience leading the development of sustainability plans and/or design and construction projects with an emphasis on sustainability. Candidates should possess strong communication and facilitation skills, as stakeholder engagement is a frequent and exciting opportunity in this role. Specific projects will depend upon individual abilities with great potential for professional growth. Aviation experience is a plus!
Please note: Seeking applicants with at least five years sustainability/resilience and project/client management experience.
- Experience in sustainability and/or climate resilience planning required, public sector preferred.
- Aviation experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sustainability, climate change, environmental, planning, civil engineering or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- ENV SP, LEED AP, WELL AP, CEM, TRUE Advisor, and other sustainability-related accreditations are a plus.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation, team, interpersonal), relational, organizational & analytical skills are required.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Software experience required: Microsoft suite; candidates with additional software expertise including Tableau, Power BI, Illustrator, Adobe Suite, GIS, etc. are encouraged to apply
- Leadership experience including business development, project management, and ability to manage and direct others.
Location is flexible. View our office locations here.
We foster a family-friendly and supportive workplace that is collaborative with an emphasis on quality, integrity, trust, fun and accountability.