Engineering Services Leader- Central Florida
- W. Lochner is in its' 75th year of providing outstanding transportation services around the United States. Lochner has been serving the Florida Department of Transportation and local governments in Florida since the 1970's. We now have an outstanding opportunity for the right leader to help grow our Central Florida engineering practice. In summary, this leader will build Lochner's Engineering Services for the Central Florida region, which includes FDOT District 5, the Central Florida Expressway Authority (CFX), the Florida Turnpike Enterprise (FTE), and numerous county/municipal organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities for this leader include:
- Developing a successful strategic business plan to grow the practice
- Hiring and leading a diverse staff, including practice areas such as PD&E, roadway design, structural design, drainage, traffic design, and CADD support
- Planning, directing and coordinating activities for transportation and civil site design team members (PE's, EIT's, Designers and CADD technicians) to ensure quality, budget and schedule goals are met
- Overseeing staff utilization and management practices
- Developing and managing client relationships and business development efforts
- Assist with preparing scope and fee proposals and participating in presentations/interviews
- Working with other Lochner leaders in Florida to expand our services, and provide outstanding products for our clients state-wide
- An outstanding opportunity to grow your career in an established nationwide organization
- Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering
- FL PE license is required, or ability to gain thru reciprocity
- +10 years progressive design management experience with an emphasis on leading transportation (roads and highways)
- Must have previously managed project teams
- Central Florida work experience a plus
- Must have excellent skills in leadership, oral and written communications, planning and implementing team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving
We offer an outstanding benefit package that includes generous healthcare benefits, life, disability and Long term Care insurance, as well as many other perks. Our office is conveniently located in desirable downtown Orlando.
All positions at Lochner require an applicant who has accepted an employment offer to undergo a background check. Background checks include SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, a criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, and oral drug test. All employment offers are contingent upon successful results of the background check.