Performance Hospitality is a lifestyle hotel management company committed to providing outstanding service to our guests! We manage a variety of branded, independent hotels in major US markets. We take pride in our ability to deliver exceptional guest and associate experiences by focusing on inspiring individuals through a thoughtful delivery of self-expression hospitality. We believe that providing innovative, cutting-edge practices, along with transparent communications, is a fundamental part of our commitment.
Director of Housekeeping is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the housekeeping department and staff while ensuring cleanliness in line with brand standards and guest satisfaction. The Director of Housekeeping manages and oversees daily housekeeping operations of the housekeeping staff while promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses. Specifically, you would be responsible for maintaining cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms to the highest standards. The Director of Housekeeping is also responsible for maintaining close communications with all departments as well as with the General Manager to manage priorities and demands, resolve conflicts and ultimately ensure proper resort cleanliness. Finally, the Director of Housekeeping manages daily systems use, budgeting, forecasting, department management, cost controls and overall profitability, policy & procedure implementation, enforcement, meeting participation, and facilitation.
Essential Function of Job:
- Oversee and manage the housekeeping staff; providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Conduct regular inspections of the resort to ensure adherence to cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Notify maintenance of any needed repairs. Responsible for inspecting rooms daily to ensure cleanliness standards are being met.
- Creates morning work assignments to ensure all areas of resort are properly maintained in accordance with cleanliness standards.
- Ensure that the Housekeeping Manager issues assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
- Ensures that operational practices are uniform and conform to departmental practices. Manage operating expenses to maximize costs while providing excellent guest services.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
College degree from an Accredited institution in Resort Management, Hospitality, or Business Administration desired. Six (6) or more years of housekeeping management experience in a similar role – Preferably in a resort.
Benefits We Offer
- Your Voice Matters! Our unique Open Source culture gives you the opportunity to impact our continuously evolving company.
- Express Yourself! We promote self-expression & individuality via our Self-expression Uniform Program, which offers a variety of uniform options to mix and match in a way that better expresses you! “We want you to be yourself; everyone else is already taken.“ – Oscar Wilde
- Meal on Us! Enjoy a complimentary meal during most shifts.
- Be Recognized! Earn Starfish Reward points redeemable for a variety of gift cards
- Explore our Hotels! Associates receive hotel and restaurant discounts & perks at any of our properties (excluding your home property).
- We Invest in Your Future Success! Become a department trainer – Join our Job Coach Program.
- Continued Leadership Education Program! We offer an ongoing Performance Hospitality Leadership Series (PHLS, Weekly Webinars, e-learning courses).
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year.
- Employee Social Events! Quarterly Themed Luncheons; Formal End-of-year Celebration
- Exceptional benefits including elective Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short-Term Disability coverage.
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Long-term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Travel Assistance Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Celebrate You! Choose one (1) paid day of personal celebration each year to use however you choose.