The Analyst in the End User Support role prepares end user IT environments; installs and troubleshoots problems with endpoints and company peripherals, Microsoft OS and applications, local area network and analyzes operations to maintain computer desktop environment both locally and remotely.
- Work from the ticketing system by priority as assigned and or escalating through the proper channels when necessary.
- Provides support to end users for Hardware, software and local area networks issues.
- Work with third party tech support, Senior level engineers and or the network team when necessary to resolve issues.
- Works on Station startups and relocations, work with Management and the networking team to coordinate, prepare equipment, coordinate shipping, travel plans and install network infrastructure and equipment at remote locations on a tight deadline at generally off hours.
- Level 1 Active Directory Support.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change due to operational needs.
- 3+ or more years information systems experience in Desktop support local and remote
- Strong troubleshooting skills and being able to diagnose issues efficiently and accurately
- Significant Microsoft Windows Operating System and Office applications and related applications experience
- Travel to remote locations domestically and internationally for on-site support of users and IT projects (50%)
- Take part in the 24x7 weekly on call support phone rotation, one analyst per week at a time.
- Work a flexible schedule with additional hours when necessary to support IT projects or P2 tickets or higher
- Customer Focus: Identifying and responding to current and future client needs; providing Professional service excellence to internal and external clients.
- Good understanding of customer service skills as role is exposed to heavy customer interaction (team members).
- Communication: Listening to others and communicating in an effective manner that fosters open communication.
- Producing updates and reports on all issues and activities to management.
- Providing business support / technical assistance to the company team members both local and remote in the use of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, VPN software and various proprietary applications.
- Planning and participating in implementation, migration, and preliminary troubleshooting of the PC/LAN environment.
- Configuring, installing, supporting, troubleshooting and repairing client workstations, printers, mobile devices, audio, video and office equipment. Coordinating support and requests with other support levels and vendors.
- Recognizing problem areas and suggesting pro-active solutions and complying with IT operational performance metrics and Service Level Agreements.
- Assisting other members of technical staff with installation and support issues when requested.
- Providing timely follow-up to users and management on all support issues by ensuring that all phases of desktop support, including installations, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and operating system configuration issues, are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved.