Requisition Number: DATAS02618
Since opening our doors in 1926, Seacoast Bank has embraced a visionary approach to the future while remaining true to our local roots and family values. Based in Stuart, we are one of the largest publicly traded banks headquartered in Florida.
We believe that our greatest assets will always be our people — local bankers who are knowledgeable about the communities we serve and dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience.
We offer exciting and challenging opportunities in an environment that supports diversity, enabling associates across the organization a greater sense of empowerment to create change for the better. This is evident in our American Banker “2020 Best Banks to Work For” and “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign designations.
The Data Scientist is responsible for leveraging quantitative techniques, business knowledge and collaboration to design and develop innovative and impactful analytical tools and insights. Using SAS Viya and the processes we’ve already developed, this position provides a great opportunity to create and deploy advanced analytical solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Providing Insights Using Data and Analytical Tools
- Design and develop dynamic visual reporting to enhance decision-making.
- Collaborate with business partners to arrive at creative analytical solutions.
- Discover business insights by interpreting existing analytical reporting.
- Summarize and present findings.
- Integrate various analytical processes and information to provide holistic solutions.
- Perform complex transformations of transactional, account-level, and customer-level data.
- Implement automation and other enhancements to our existing analytical infrastructure.
- Identify and resolve data accuracy issues.
Data Mining, Statistics and Predictive Modelling (optional)
- Develop and deploy predictive models to ‘optimize’ customer treatments and process controls.
- Effectively apply multivariate statistics to identify and understand business trends and opportunities.
- Perform Ad hoc analyses and deep-dive investigations
- Proactively identify and evaluate emerging analytics software, technologies, and tools.
Strong analytic and communication skills, creativity and judgement to design and develop business solutions, and knowledge of SAS software are a must.
- SAS programming, including SAS Macro Language. Experience with SAS Viya preferred.
- Visualization software such as Tableau or SAS Visual Analytics.
- SQL programming experience.
- Five years of progressive, related experience. MA/MS in Statistics or Quantitative field strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of multivariate statistics, predictive modelling, and machine learning preferred.
- SAS Enterprise Miner, and/or R or Python preferred.
- Financial services experience preferred.
- Ability to explain complex subject matter to a non-technical audience
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and life-long learner.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization, and time-management skills.