Control Systems Technician (CST)
Control Systems Technician
The Control Systems Technician will be working within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to controls, focusing on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets.
Responsibilities will include
- Maintain material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues.
- Utilize FC System Assessment reports to improve material handling system performance through maintaining and repairing identified deficiencies.
- Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
- Communicate technical issues to Facilities and Operations management.
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Associates degree in electronic technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC's and PLC components
- Ability to identify and maintain Robotics system components
- Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot HMI components
- Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot control network components
- Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Understand concepts of Warehouse Management System Software including Warehouse control systems
- Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret drawings both mechanical and electrical
- Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's
- Ability to train others with lesser skills
- Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
- Systems controls knowledge or programming experience
- Field service engineering experience
- Systems trainer or training experience
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- Experience with advanced automation controls systems
- Experience with industrial robotics
- Experience with ASRS systems
- Project management experience
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]