Container Delivery Driver Hourly
Req Number: 19915
Waste Pro of Florida
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Safely drives a truck to deliver and pick up the waste containers used by the public in accordance with Decision Driving principles within the prescribed time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drive Container Delivery truck to replace or repair containers
- Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the general public and customers.
- Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
- Answers questions for customers and directs them to contact Customer Service or Sales Representative for additional information
- Operates compaction and lift equipment on vehicle.
- Performs Daily Pre and Post Trip inspections as set forth by Waste Pro procedures and D.O.T. guidelines.
- Completes Safety Lane activity and DVIR daily in accordance with Waste Pro safety lane guidelines.
- Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits required company and regulation-mandated reports and documents.
- Performs other tasks as required -- such as, but not limited to, assisting other routes for completion, attending community events, or delivery of bins and/or carts. Must comply with all Department of Transportation and State requirements
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
- Must have a Class A or B CDL valid for the state in which the position operates.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a clean driving record with at least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 years.
- Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule
- Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction; See in the normal visual range with or without correction
- Exhibit normal range of body motion
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Drive a front-end, side, rear-end, or roll off loading refuse truck, including right-hand driver's position on certain equipment, observing legal and defensive driving practices.
- Maintain written records and service responses
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to perform pushing, pulling, bending, lifting of up to 75 pounds throughout the shift with or without reasonable accommodations. As well as climb into and out of a truck repeatedly.
Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust