Assistant Director of Nursing - Skilled Nursing (Full-time/1st Shift)-Health Central Park-Req14351
Health Central Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, a 228 bed facility, is dedicated to providing professional, compassionate care that enriches and enhances our residents' lives. A variety of programs distinguish Health Central Park as a respected nursing and rehabilitation center, establishing it as a leader in long term care, rehabilitation, and dementia care.
Are you a Registered Nurse with prior leadership experience in a Skilled Nursing or Long-Term Care setting? Are you searching for an opportunity to further advance your clinical leadership skills? Would you like to be a part of an organization that values people, quality and community? Then choose Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital and join our team as an Assistant Director of Nursing at our Health Central Park Skilled Nursing Facility!
As an Assistant Director of Nursing at Health Central, you will be responsible for assisting the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, ensuring the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. You will find rewards in playing a meaningful role that ensures every patient receives the safe, quality and personalized care they deserve. And, with over 1,700 staff and a facility that stretches over 440,000 feet, you'll find yourself a part of a large family, as well as have unlimited access to grow your clinical skills. Our areas of specialty include Cardiology, Heart Failure, Chest Pain, Stroke, Joint Replacement, Specialized Orthopedic, Spine and NeuroSpine Surgical, Outpatient Surgery (including minimally invasive Robotic), Hyperbaric and Wound Healing, Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation, Outpatient Imaging, and Cancer Treatment at the UF Health Cancer Center - Ocoee Clinic of Orlando Health. We also offer Urgent Care, an On-Site Pharmacy, and Diabetes Education.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing from an accredited program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Current professional license as a registered nurse in the State of Florida
- Must maintain a current BLS certification
- Two (2) years of experience as a supervisor in a long-term care facility required
- Prior experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing required
- Develops and implements the nursing department orientation program.
- Monitors compliance with recommended restrictions from Employee Health and report injury statistics to the QA Committee
- Interviews, trains, coaches and counsels and completes performance evaluations for assigned team members.
- Performs hard and electronic chart audits for compliance.
- Assumes responsibility for the Nursing Department in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
About Orlando Health
Orlando Health is a $3.8 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of hospitals, physician practices and outpatient care centers across Central Florida. The organization is home to the area's only Level One Trauma Centers for adults and pediatrics, and is a statutory teaching hospital system that offers both specialty and community hospitals. More than 3,100 physicians have privileges across the system, which is also one of the area's largest employers with more than 20,200 employees who serve more than 167,000 inpatients, more than 2.7 million outpatients, and more than 20,000 international patients each year. Additionally, Orlando Health provides more than $620 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more. Additional information can be found at www.orlandohealth.com.