Are you ready to invest in your career with a quickly growing airline? Silver Airways currently provides more routes within Florida and to the Bahamas than any other airline. We are looking for a dedicated, detail-orientated individual who wants to be part of a growing team!
The AOG Buyer will maintain a high degree of integrity in company and vendor relationships. Responsible for cost-effective, efficient receiving and planning of aircraft spares to meet the requirements of the Maintenance Organization and FAA regulations.
Please note this position requires working both Saturdays and Sundays. Shift will be after midday or nights.
- Ensure the sourcing, acquiring, expediting and delivery of materials meet time requirements to avoid negative fiscal impact by flight delays or cancellations. Ensure that all materials procured meet company and government standards for quality.
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance Control, Planning, Materials Planner, and Inventory control to ensure that materials are available for scheduled maintenance events, unscheduled AOG's, and imminent MEL demanded by events.
- Seek and evaluate new supply sources to achieve cost-reduction goals without jeopardizing quality and material requirements.
- Ensure all procurement transactions follow company purchasing procedures with proper authorization. Alert management of any irregularities of material requisitions and vendor inconsistencies.
- Consistently follow up on open orders and maintain communication with vendors to ensure terms of delivery, cost and quality are met.
- Coordinate and communicate with Materials/Receiving Department on receipt of purchase offers, resolve any discrepancies with vendors on pricing, quantity, or documentation.
- Promptly reconcile Vendor invoices to all company orders and process invoices to Accounts Payable for approved company payments.
- Review daily work orders to make necessary purchase recommendations to the Head of Purchasing and Supply Chain.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the Head of Purchasing
- Identify and report all possible safety risks.
- Shift schedule requires nights and Saturdays and Sundays
Minimum or Preferred Requirements
- Business related degree or related aviation experience
- ATR or similar aircraft experience required
- Data entry and PC Knowledge
- TRAX experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel Skills
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language
- Must be able to work after midday, nights, weekends, holidays
Silver Airways also offers excellent benefits including travel benefits with our airline and more!
*Silver Airways is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to treating all team members in a fair and equitable manner in all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline and performance management, and termination. Silver Airways prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation that is based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, ancestry or genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy or childbirth-related medical conditions, age, disability or handicap, citizenship status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The expectation to treat all team members in manner that is inclusive and free of discrimination is universal. It applies to our leaders, managers, supervisors, team members, vendors, consultants, and contractors. EOE/VETERANS/DISABLED