A quick summary about the Analytics & Insights Analyst role:
The Analytics & Insights Analyst is responsible for delivering analytics and insights through predictive modeling, data science, statistical analysis, and business forecasting to maximize revenue and optimize overall business performance.
What the Analytics & Insights Analyst will be responsible for:
- Build predictive models that allow for data-driven decision making, improved prospect targeting and conversion, customer retention, and overall improvement to business performance
- Manage ongoing business models including refreshing and calibrating key sales and retention models
- Design new and innovative advanced analytical solutions to predict customer behaviors and recommend actions to drive desired outcomes
- Work to deploy predictive models and design experiments and to quantify lift from implementation of models
- Perform ad hoc analysis to answer specific business questions and produce actionable insights
- Distribute analytic findings throughout organization
- Develop and maintain predictive models for assessing ticket demand
- Analyze data from the company's enterprise data warehouse, including primary and secondary market ticket data, CRM data, mobile app data, email/web data, etc.
- Assist in evaluating and managing the production and implementation of 3rd party data and analytics into the Magic's data warehouse and key business process
- Makes decisions while working within the limits of standard practice.
- All other duties as assigned.
What the Analytics & Insights Analyst needs to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, or other related field required. Advanced degree (Masters in Statistics, Analytics, Data Mining, or MBA) preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in statistical analysis required.
- Proficiency in SAS, SPSS, or R programming languages required.
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques including linear and logistic regression, clustering, segmentation, decision trees, neural networks and forecasting techniques required.
- Familiarity with survey designs and survey software (Qualtrics, etc.) preferred.
- Working knowledge of ticketing and CRM systems as well as various software applications including relational databases and statistical packages preferred.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing preferred.
- Ability to balance quantitative rigor with realities of inconsistent and incomplete business data.
- Proactive and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to champion analytic projects from inception to implementation.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced complex business environment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Staff tickets to Orlando Magic home games
- 18 days of personal time off per year
• 12 holidays (that is 30 paid days off year!)
- Fantastic benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company matching
- Subsidized RDV Sportsplex membership
- Company sponsored events & outings
- Reduced summer work hours
- Culture built on Community, Innovation, Legendary and Teamwork!
Please note that This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
The Orlando Magic are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at the Orlando Magic via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Orlando Magic HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of the Orlando Magic. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the Orlando Magic as a result of the referral or through other means.
The Orlando Magic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.