Provides lending services to the real estate community by serving and identifying financial needs. Promotes mortgage products to clients. Develops loan referrals and repeat loan business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calls on current affiliates, realtors, and builders to solicit mortgage loans.
- Networks with agents, attorneys and CPA's to develop referral base.
- Executes loan application process in full, and assists processor in gathering information needed to approve the loan.
- Participates in community activities in order to keep contacts fresh and better understand the local real estate market.
- Negotiates competitive fees and rates for the various loan programs.
- Generates new ideas to facilitate productivity and enhance customer service.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum Experience: 1+ years experience in a mortgage loan sales capacity
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret real estate laws, regulations, policies and compliance
- Demonstrated understanding of mortgage products, services and guidelines necessary to generate real estate loans
- Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensed System (NMLS) or ability to be registered within 30 days of employment (pass nationwide fingerprint check)
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional image
- High level of customer service and attention to detail; excellent communication skills
- Works independently and must be a self-starter
- Ability to utilize good judgment and make sound decisions quickly
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel Applications
- Good computer skills
- Certification(s): This position requires successful registration and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT). Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print check.