Requisition Number: ACCOU02018
Who We Are
At Corvias, we’re experts at developing solutions through partnership. Our mission is to be personally committed to solving our partners’ most difficult, systematic challenges by reimagining what is possible and realizing more resilient communities together. We believe a culture of caring, purposeful, diverse and courageous humans who want to make a difference for our partners will help us achieve that mission.
How You'll Contribute to the Team
The Accounting Manager will manage financial reporting activities for Corvias Property Management to provide excellent customer service to our partners. The role will work closely with the division CFO and other financial management team members to develop and maintain accounting policies that are consistent with US GAAP and develop financial operational activities that are results orientated and efficient. This candidate should bring a high degree of sophistication and experience to identify and implement best practices in an environment that is collaborative, growing, and forward thinking.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide support to the accounting leadership and installation teams.
- Facilitate training on accounting procedures and technical initiatives targeted towards efficiency and improved service.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all internal and external customers and team members including gaining their trust and respect.
- Communicate reliable, comprehensive and relevant information and updates to the accounting leadership on a regular and re-occurring basis.
- Responsible for demonstrating solid communication as it pertains to facilitating training on accounting policies and procedures to staff.
- Understand the accounting software packages utilized by the Company (ie; Yardi Real Page, SharePoint) in order to know the flow of transactions and the information that is available for reporting.
- Must fully understand entity structure with regard to reporting, flow of funds entries, funding requirements and restricted funds covenants and how they flow through to monthly financial activity.
- Work closely with Director of Accounting Operations and develop new procedures to improve efficiencies in general operations and reporting
- Oversee and execute an accurate and timely monthly closing process for the property management operations across the portfolio.
- Oversee and execute accurate and timely internal and external reporting for the portfolio including managing reporting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee accurate and timely calculation and funding of management fees for the portfolio.
- Oversee and execute the property management related cash flow and corporate billing /reimbursement activities for the portfolio.
- Support the annual audit and budget process.
- Ensure collaborative cross functional accounting support provided for the portfolio
- Provide overall guidance and leadership to installation accounting staff.
- Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to team members, hold frequent development discussions.
- Manages talented teams and provides the team with thorough training, feedback, and coaching.
- Ensure teams are meeting all deliverables as well as goals and objectives. Work closely with the Director of Accounting Operations on planning and implementations.
Role Specific Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant accounting experience.
- Technical skills required: Advanced Excel, SharePoint, Yardi and Real Page.
- Team Player, Professional and Positive attitude is required, ability to communicate effectively and objectively, ability to interact with peers and management and possess independent time management skills.
- Must possess excellent communications skills in all areas: verbal, non-verbal and written and demonstrate proficiency making clear, succinct and effective communications.
- Yearly travel requirements are approximately 25%
Corvias Group, LLC (the “Company”) does not discriminate in employment or applications for employment based on an applicant’s sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, service in the armed forces of the United States, disability, or any other protected classification as outlined by Federal, State or local laws.
Learn more about Corvias’ External Recruiting Policy.