LocationOrchard Park, NYJob TypeFull-time
Responsible for washing pots, pans and dishes. Also takes out the garbage and assist in keeping the kitchen clean and sanitary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets Elmcroft standards established for the Dining Services department.
- Reads, understands, and complies with State Regulations established for Food Service departments.
- Washes and sanitizes dishes according to food service standards. Prepares sanitation sink according to the directions and monitors and documents sanitizing solution levels. Assure dish wash water is at least 150-160 degrees before beginning to wash dishes. Assures rinse water is at least 180 degrees.
- Operates the dishwashing process in an organized fashion. Scrapes and stacks dirty dishes in preparation for cleaning. After food is served, keeps dirty dishes running through the dish machine until all dishes are clean and ready for the next meal.
- Presents a clean and neat appearance, wearing aprons, hair nets, and other protective clothing as necessary.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness or our Residents.
- Educations: High School or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.