Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI, Inc. provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world.
We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This position will work on 2nd shift, Monday - Friday, 3 pm - 11 pm.
Supervising the daily Raw material warehouse operational activities for the 2nd shift in accordance with PDI guidelines and production/receiving requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Working with team of union employees and non-exempt employees by delegating tasks as necessary. This position interacts with Raw Material Warehouse, Planning, Quality, Production, Human Resources, Accounts Receivable, Transportation carriers.
- Supervise and direct staff on 2nd shift
- Communicating daily shift activity to Warehouse Manager and 3rd shift supervisor as necessary
- Responsible for timely completion of all required training and disciplinary documentation as required.
- Process all production and receiving requirements by creating proper documentation and performing all required inventory transactions.
- Receiving and processing of all component materials between internal and external plants and vendors.
- Develop, monitor and distribute metrics that support Raw materials warehouse activities.
- Processing all customer returns and material destruction requests.
- Maintain a positive work environment and promote team concepts.
- Develop and maintain cycle counting metrics for raw materials.
- Ensures areas of responsibility are in compliance with cGMP's and SOP's
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Set goals and objectives for shift output
- Lead projects or special tasks assigned by Warehouse Manager
- Assist in continuous staff training
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Shipping, Receiving and Cycle Counting metrics
- Space Utilization , cGmp and SOP compliance
- Cost Savings driven by minimizing damages, returns and errors
- Safety and Audit readiness Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
- A/B.S Degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge of shipping, receiving, inventory management systems, Familiar with warehouse equipment's, Proficient in Microsoft Office, , AS 400/BPCS knowledge a plus
3 plus years of experience as a Warehouse Supervisor in Warehouse environment or related area
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, Solid Analytical skills
NONE:No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Please refer to the Company's Substance Abuse Policy which protects the safety and well-being of all associates and potential associates.