Looking for a place where you can truly make a difference and grow in your role?
Join us on our mission to inspire & enable people to live life to the fullest!
WHO WE ARE:
We’re a part of the Ivy Rehab Network, a national provider of physical, occupational, and speech rehabilitation services for both children and adults. We have over 200 of locations and are growing fast. This rapid growth means we can continue to provide exceptional care to even more patients and provide tremendous career advancement opportunities to our team.
“It’s All About The People” at Ivy —our teammates, our patients, our referral sources, and the communities in which we operate.
The Patient Coordinator’s role is as the first point of contact for our patients in our clinics. Our Patient Coordinators are important teammates handling day to day administrative operations and make a lasting impression on our patients through exceptional customer service.
- Providing outstanding and professional customer service to ensure efficiency and promote positive patient experience
- Patient registration: Schedules new and current patient appointments
- Screen and refer incoming phone calls and clinic visitors to ensure accurate, timely and positive clinic communication, facilitation and presentation
- Verifies insurance benefits and obtains authorizations
- Oversee the collection of required insurance co-payments, as well as document and reconcile daily schedule
- Coordinate and maintain patient extended authorizations and updated prescriptions
- Maintain and oversee proper attendance and punctuality of non-clinical staff to ensure efficient clinic operations
- Adheres to all HIPAA regulations regarding patient confidentiality and record keeping
- Perform general office duties
- Proven exceptional customer service and patient care experience
- Self-motivated with the willingness to exceed patient expectations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- 3-5 years administrative/office experience in medical field
- Strong oral and written skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Previous experience using Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Outlook programs)
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with changes in workload
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a competitive benefit package, continuing education, residency opportunities, and so much more.
Grow with us and apply today!