Job Description and Responsibilities
- Abilities to include: experience in pump repairs, mechanical seals, turbines, gearboxes, seal replacement, alignment and compressors.
- Basic pipefitting and welding skills
- Ability to generate working drawings for piping and associated equipment and supports.
- Must be able to trouble shoot equipment and associated systems to provide feedback to aid in improving mechanical integrity.
- Ability to perform job task with minimal supervision.
- Machinery & Mechanical equipment repair and maintenance per manuals, procedures, diagrams, manufacturer’s spec using hand tools, power tools, precision measuring and testing instruments.Operate machinery necessary to complete tasks such as forklift, man lift, drill presses and saws, and cranes up to 15 ton
- Perform routine preventive maintenance inspections on plant equipment.
- Perform basic math.
- Possess knowledge of how to operator a computer. Knowledge to include use of e-mail; Internet and Microsoft applications.
- Be willing to train in new methods and equipment associated with job duties.
- Ability to work on rolling equipment.
- Accountable for following safety procedures and policies, i.e., Stop Work Policy,
- Adhere to the “Standards for Employee Conduct”.
- Actively participate in all departmental meetings
- Abide by the Company and Plant Policies and Procedures.
- Do ONLY what you have been trained to do.
- Activity participate in HSE and Process Safety activities and initiatives.Minimum Qualifications:5+ years of experience in the chemical environment as a millwright.All applicants will be required to undergo testing in both written and skill demonstrations.Take precision measurements of parts (micrometers, calipers, etc.).Perform basic math, basic welding (plate & pipe), and millwright & pipefitting skills.Able to read blueprints.Must possess knowledge of how to operate a computer.Be able to drive a forklift, man lift, and small cranes.Knowledgeable in proper rigging techniques.