At 99 Cents Only Stores, LLC, we are recruiting talented individuals for the position of Store Associate.
99 Cents Only Stores is a unique extreme value retailer of primarily name brand consumables and general merchandise. We provide an exciting primary shopping destination for value-conscious consumers, and a fun treasure-hunt shopping experience for individuals and families in our communities! Our corporate associates support our stores in delivering an exemplary experience to customers with a fun, friendly and energetic approach, resourceful problem-solving, and innovating ideas that bring great products at great value to families throughout the communities we serve. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision plans, an outstanding 401K plan, and fantastic career opportunities! If this sounds like your next career step, read on!
As Store Associate, you will ensure that our customers experience a great store shopping experience by providing first-line customer support. You will assist shoppers by answering questions, helping them locate merchandise, and assisting them with the check-out process, as needed. You will also be a crucial part of the operations staff and play a fundamental role in the proper and timely merchandising of the store.
As you begin your shift, you'll be given an assignment which could include receiving and unloading and shipment from a distribution center, handling merchandise that needs to go out on the shelves, cleaning assignments, helping the manager on duty with a special task…whatever you are responsible for completing that day. In addition to your assigned responsibilities, you'll be expected to help customers as needed, do price or stock checks, ensure shopping carts are ready for arriving customers, clean as you go, and always work with an awareness on safety.
Specifically, you will:
- Stocking and/or Cashier
- Unload and sort merchandise upon delivery arrival.
- Stock and display merchandise in accordance with Company merchandising standards.
- Follow all Company merchandising guidelines and plan-o-grams.
- Make sure all merchandise is accurately priced.
- Process and return to stock all go-backs.
- Carefully and correctly repack merchandise to be transferred back to the Distribution Center.
- Break down cardboard boxes and place in baler.
- Retrieve shopping carts from the parking lot.
- Report any illegal activity by customers or employees to Store Management.
- Follow all Company safety procedures.
- Work independently with minimal direction and follow the daily to-do list.
- Clean up spills, floors, shelves, displays, bathrooms, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Management or Supervisors.
Skills and Requirements
To be a fit for the role of Store Associate, you will need:
- To be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, show initiative, and excel in a team environment.
- Prior retail or grocery experience is considered a plus, but is not required.
- A positive attitude and the ability to interact in an effective and friendly manner with customers and associates.
- The ability to comprehend instructions, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet shift goals and expectations.
- The ability to regularly lift one to five pounds, and lift up to 50 pounds as you unload trucks or move large boxes of inventory.
- The ability to constantly stand, bend and reach with a moderate amount of manual dexterity.
- The ability to learn to use a baler and pallet jack.
Store Associates often work early mornings before the store opens, or late evenings (up until midnight) after the store closes in order to stock merchandise, setup displays, and clean floors, shelves, bathrooms, etc. You should have some flexibility in your work schedule, including the ability to work a weekend day, though we will try to work around your school and other responsibilities. Most positions begin part-time at 24 hours per week.
99 Cents Only Stores, LLC operates nearly 400 stores in California, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada, and employs over 16,000 individuals proudly serving their communities! 99 Cents Only Stores, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.