Senior Research Scientist (Dental Polymers)
Sr. Research Scientist (Dental Polymers) — Orange, CA
This is a full-time, direct hire position for a Senior Research Scientist Manufacturing Specialist to support a global leader of premier dental solutions. The Senior Research Scientist will be responsible for initiating, directing and executing scientific research and product development activities. In this role the researcher will have to come up with product ideas based on market, industry and technology trends; initiate and prove feasibility of ideas, should have a very good understanding/working knowledge with all activities pertaining to product development that will help design and develop dental restorative products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of next generation/breakthrough products.
- Drive the design process from conception to pilot testing, scale up, and commercialization.
- Interface with various customer personnel to determine both articulated and unarticulated needs in order to develop products that meet/exceed customer needs while maximizing value in use.
- Coordinate and support all phases of product development, including conceptualization, design control, packaging, documentation development, data generation, and performance verification.
- Conduct feasibility study and provide constructive feedback on prospective projects/technologies.
- Understand the competitive landscape (product offerings and IP) and use the information to develop value added and differentiated products.
- Translation of technologies to products.
- Analyze and understand market and technology trends.
- Define, develop and test new innovative products.
- Develop products using product development process in accordance with design control.
- Design and carry out experiments that scientifically confirm performance, reliability, and shelf life.
- Plan schedule of research according to company’s timetable, and establish daily or weekly routines necessary to meet project timetable.
- Develop research plan and design experiments.
- Write patents, technical market support literature, technical presentations and publications.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of new and existing products.
- Train and supervise research associates.
- Evaluation of ideas, patents, competitive products and new technologies.
- Handle all initial patent disclosure and IP of new or existing outside technologies. Conveying all known patent and IP research to internal organization.
- Ph.D. in Polymer chemistry, Polymer science, Organic chemistry or related field.
- Experience with dental material and dental adhesive development strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of product development experience in adhesive, cement and/or composite fields required.
- At least 3+ years demonstrated success in identifying and bringing to market innovative products.
- Experience with various polymerization mechanisms, especially free-radical polymerization of methacrylate monomers.
- Knowledge of physical properties, especially mechanical properties of polymeric/composite materials.
- Understanding of structure-property relationships of polymeric/composite materials.
- Ability to design and conduct studies in accordance to product ideation.
- Track record of new product development success and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the enterprise, as well as various groups such as Marketing, Manufacturing, Regulatory, QA/QC, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Sales) and external customers and suppliers.
Apply Today! Questions? Call Justin at 714-602-1217 or send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.