Sanitation/Validation Supervisor — Orange, CA
The Sanitation / Validation Supervisor ensures the facility is compliant with all company, local, state and federal food sanitation and GMP standards. They will work with Production and Engineering Management to develop validation and qualification protocols, train personnel and manage the successful execution of validation processes.
The Sanitation / Validation Supervisor will also oversee all initiatives related to food safety, hygiene, environmental controls, GMP and all equipment/cleaning validations. This position will be responsible for equipment and process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ) protocol and report writing. They will coordinate with production and sanitation personnel on all cleaning and pest control procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct validation activities, such as protocol creation or testing.
- Develop validation master plans, process flow diagrams, test cases, or standard operating procedures.
- Identify deviations from established product or process standards and provide recommendations for resolving deviations.
- Analyze validation test data to determine whether systems or processes have met validation criteria or to identify root causes of problems.
- Prepare, maintain, or review validation and compliance documentation, such as engineering change notices, schematics, or protocols.
- Assist in training equipment operators or other staff on validation protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate the implementation or scheduling of validation testing with affected departments and personnel.
- Create, populate, or maintain databases for tracking validation activities, test results, or validated systems.
- Prepare detailed reports based on results of validation and qualification tests or reviews of procedures and protocols.
- Resolve testing problems by modifying testing methods or revising test objectives and standards.
- Enforce the policies and procedures surrounding the food safety, hygiene, environmental control and pest control programs.
- Examines all manufacturing areas for cleanliness and GMP standards
- Participates in internal audits
- Develops/coordinates a cross-functional plan to correct any issues found.
- Possessing a keen understanding of industry laws, then consult with management to address compliance issues and make recommendations to improve processes.
- Develop training programs related to sanitation law and company best practices, this individual also delivers these initiatives to employees in one-on-one and group settings.
- Keep detailed records of all sanitation-related activities and issues, such as inspections and violations, also noting how and when each situation was resolved.
- Maintain environmental monitoring program for all sites.
- BA/BS within food science or microbiology background is preferred
- Training and Certification on Food Safety, Sanitation and Validation in a GMP environment or FDA regulated industry.
- Sufficient experience in a regulated industry, preferably food or Dietary Supplements, to understand the Dietary Supplement regulations and capably fulfill the requirements of the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of FDA regulations and GMP.
- As this is a management role, candidates must also have prior professional experience within the industry, preferably managing others or specific projects
Apply Today! Questions? Call Justin at 714.602.1217 or email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations— providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.