DHS Consulting, LLC, an Anser Advisory Company, is a premier California-founded program, project and construction management consulting firm providing services nationwide.
Our mission is clear. We help clients solve challenges by providing top talent to develop the right solutions at the right time. With forward thinking and utilization of the most advanced technology on the market, were leaders in project management strategy and execution; providing the visibility our clients want to see. Our relationships are built on our credibility to deliver on our commitments, with unbeatable service levels to our clients, at DHS; we let our work product lead the way.
As a result of the work that we have recently won, we are looking for highly motivated and experienced Field Inspector/Assistant Resident Engineer candidates to join our growing Transportation Division and; to support our clients projects primarily in Orange County, CA.
The Field Inspectors role is to aid the Projects Resident Engineer in all aspects of required field construction engineering work to achieve contract conformance. These are items such as: Safety, Review of Temporary Traffic Control, Quality Assurance, Storm Water Pollution (SWPPP) enforcement, Labor Compliance filing both electronic and hard copies, and CPM Schedule Analysis. In this role, candidate shall demonstrate construction engineering experience on highway, transit, water, power and other major Public Works infrastructure projects inspecting facilities, safety, features, or activities they are assigned to oversee. They will be primarily responsible for assuring the work to which they have been assigned is performed in accordance with the requirements of the plans and specifications. Inspection can be in the areas of civil, structural, electrical, landscaping, utility and systems testing.
Location: This opportunity is a role that will be a night shift, and primarily located in Orange County, California with possible opportunities in some parts of San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, Riverside, and Los Angeles counties as well. The company has corporate offices in El Segundo, Santa Ana and San Diego.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide nightly site inspection reports to verify compliance with approved plans, specifications and codes
- Coordinate in the field with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, designers and regulatory agencies
- Measure and record pay quantities
- Review the Contractor's schedule
- Labor compliance
- Coordinate 3rd-party special material testing inspections
- Review and provide input on potential change order issues
- Maintain project records
- Manage project photographic records
- Verification of field surveys
- Maintain a daily report of all work site activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- In lieu of a Degree, candidate must have at least 5 years of construction related experience
- Previous work on Caltrans projects is highly desirable, especially with night shifts
- Experience with transportation construction means/methods such as: Concrete construction, site excavation and grading, pipe installation, signage, striping, Hot Mix Asphalt Construction, temporary traffic control.)
- Experience in inspection of one or more of the following in accordance with Caltrans and Greenbook Standards: AC Paving, Slurry Seal, Traffic Control, Storm Water Management (SWPPP)
- A valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy is required. Candidate must be willing to travel to various Southern California project areas as needed.
- Possess solid negotiation and interpersonal skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Push and pull 25 lbs.
- Bend Occasionally
- Sit, Stand, and Walk Frequently
- Talk and Listen Frequently
- Frequent Use of Computer Monitor
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects including multiple disciplines and completing diverse project tasks
- Able to work Night and Weekend shifts, as required by the Projects Schedule.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive health coverage, 401k and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. DHS will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments. This position is classified as exempt meaning more than 50% of the employees time is spent performing exempt job duties consistent with this job description. If the employee finds the actual job duties change from those described herein so the employee is not performing exempt duties more than 50 % of the time, the employee must immediately inform management. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.