We are North America's leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. Allied Universal Event Services is nationally recognized as an industry leading crowd management, event staffing and consulting company. We provide experienced and trained professionals, managers and personnel, to every type of venue and event imaginable. Our team members service thousands of shows and events annually.
The majority of our positions offer part-time and flexible schedules, which let you decide when you want to work! For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more!
This position is a part time position working events in Orange County.
The hours are flexible and based on your availability.
This position is responsible for duties such as collecting tickets,welcoming and ushering guests, and providing superior customerservice. Event Staff team members are also responsible for directingfoot traffic, and ensuring the cleanliness, operational efficiency andmaintenance of designated areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet theminimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:1. Assists in all aspects of event day preparation and execution.2. Allows appropriate entry into each venue, may collect and/or scan tickets, verifywristbands and badges, direct traffic coming in and out of the venue.3. Demonstrates an understanding of the policies, procedures and regulations ofdifferent venues, facilities and events.4. Initiates a genuine, friendly and personal greeting to our guests as they arrive at yourfacility entrance, aisle, concourse area or other location, and a sincere thank you asyou complete your encounter with each guest.5. Provides guests with helpful directions and/or suggestions that will enhance theirentertainment experience.6. Interactions with guests include a smile and use of a natural speaking voice, includingnatural inflection and a friendly tone.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills,and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Be 18 years of age or older, high school diploma (or equivalent) required.
• Be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you areapplying.
• As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a backgroundinvestigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may berequired to pass a Driver's Record check.
• Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
• Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials instrictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability tosuccessfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, whilefunctioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use bothhands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verballyin person, and must be able to read, correspondence and report in English.
• The employee must constantly walk, stand, and reach with both hands and arms. Theemployee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required toclimb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
• Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read,interact with public and co-workers.
• Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold,rain or heat.
• Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability tosuccessfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
• Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.