Educational Sales Consultant - Oregon
Develop and implement strategic plans which focus on identifying opportunities that includes responding to customer issues and needs, prospecting, building strong relationships, pre-working activities, working pilots, working exhibits and conferences, and following up on leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve or surpass sales goals for territory within expense guidelines.
- Develop strategic plans to identify opportunities for supplemental, core, and PD sales and to win the business.
- Manage the territory by using CRM effectively to enter and track:
- Opportunities – both supplemental and core
- Cuts, wins, and losses
- Generate quotes and provide support for proposals as needed including reviewing and evaluating RFPs
- Demonstrate knowledge of the products, both print and digital, and present products in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrate competitive knowledge and use that information to position and present products to win.
- Effectively utilize resources available such as consultants, promotion, samples, authors, and your manager
- Provide sales, sampling, and inventory forecasts as requested by the National Sales Manager or the Regional Sales Manager.
- Be willing to embrace change and to analyze and communicate trends that impact current and future business.
- Seek out, understand, and leverage technology trends and needs and communicate those trends and needs to management, editorial, and marketing.
- Demonstrate effective questioning strategies and listening skills to identify customer issues and needs.
- Utilize negotiation skills and closing techniques to win the business.
- Help plan and coordinate product training with customers and PD staff when appropriate to ensure successful implementation of BEC/NL materials.
- Plan and implement Invitationals/Presentations as needed
- Attend selected local, national and regional exhibits as requested
- Follow up on leads from online ads, ads, and exhibits and conferences
- Review and provide feedback on new marketing materials
- Participate in weekly sales team conference calls
- General administrative activities
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Requirements/Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, English or related
- Three to five years of sales experience working for a high-volume, fast-paced company
- A quick learner, able to multi-task
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Professional orientation and demeanor (able to handle and respond to external requests in a timely and courteous manner)
- Proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work calmly under pressure with flexibility (can work long hours)
- Educational publishing experience a plus, but not required.
Benchmark Education Company is a leading publisher of core, supplemental, and intervention literacy and language resources in English and Spanish, both print and digital, as well as world-class professional development. Since its founding in 1998, our company has proven to be one of the most nimble and innovative content creators on the cutting edge of pedagogy and technology. The digital content in our many online and hybrid learning programs delivers all the rigor of its print counterpart and is designed for remote and blended learning contexts.
We are experiencing high growth and we welcome you to apply and join our team!
Benchmark Education Publishing (BEC) and its affiliates are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. (Our Diversity has increased 47% in 2021!)
For further information, visit us at:
COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Benchmark Education, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.