Senior Construction Manager – Seller/Doer – Public Works
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker International’s Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
The Senior Construction Manager will provide support for Municipal/Public Works Construction Management and project delivery for public agencies in the Southern California area. Projects types are varied with a strong emphasis on municipal projects including roadway widening, resurfacing, water line replacement/construction, sewer replacement/construction, etc. This is a seller-doer position that is both billable and overhead. It will report up to operations regional leadership.
• Manage multiple project teams in The San Bernardino and Riverside County Area that are providing Project and Construction Management services at construction sites and/or in a client office
• Effectively generate business growth, client management, as well as the recruitment and retention of staff, all the while meeting contractual commitments
• Meet internal financial metrics including revenue, profitability, billability, and accounts receivable
• Managing individual projects and/or programs as partially billable while simultaneously performing new client outreach
• Attending public meetings for networking and the pursuit of work
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field is required
• Registered Professional Engineer, Registered Architect, or Certified Construction Manager credential is required
• An established professional network and active relationships with City and County public works agencies, special districts and transportation agencies within the Inland Empire Area (Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) is required
• 15 or more years of experience of increasing responsibility managing multiple project teams providing Project and Construction Management services and Administration is required
• A current and established network in the greater Inland Empire Area with clients, architects, engineers, and contractors is required