Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, maintaining effective employee relations.
- Effectively lead and supervise specific lending department personnel, including training, reviewing, scheduling and other administrative duties.
- Seeks to continually improve the user experience using technology and efficient processes.
- Monitor key products and sales to ensure profitable and sound business practices and a high quality of service for members.
- Maximize opportunities to cross sell our additional products and services to members who apply for a loan
- Process, underwrite and/or close loans.
- Uses coaching as the primary tool for improving staff performance by holding regular coaching sessions and documenting results.
- Provide exceptional member service to our members.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Effectively focus and direct the work of staff in order to achieve lending goals.
- Mentor and train staff to assist with retention and succession planning efforts.
- Effectively present credit union products and services to members to grow the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of consumer, residential, and commercial lending processes.
- Knowledge of banking deposit operations.
- Ability to provide management reports on activity and results.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to Credit Union operations.
- Skills in evaluating staff and assessing performance.
- Ability to manage change and implement process improvements.
- Ability to build community contacts and the business locally.
- Previous loan review & approval authority desired.
- Experience of business development/sales highly desired.
Education: College Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field highly desired. Post graduate degree a plus.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.