Requisition Number: THERA02109
At Heartland Family Service, we are committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
If you believe in our mission of creating healthy families and communities, and like a fast pace, collaborative and team oriented environment, then Heartland Family Service is the agency for you.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Intense therapeutic responsibilities begin at this level. Educational requirements are very specific. Decision making skills and problem-solving capabilities are critical. Highly developed interpersonal skills and case management capabilities must be present. Works within a wide range of Agency caseload of moderate difficulty.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- *Facilitates daily group therapy, individual therapy sessions with One Oak students.
- *Assist with de-escalation, crisis sessions and processing with students when they become unregulated.
- * Completes Daily Living Assessments for all students
- *Maintains client clinical record with treatment plan client progress and discharge summaries.
- Produces assigned level of direct service hours.
- *Provides services including coping skills training, problem solving and stress management education through individual, group and family consultation.
- *Provides counseling to individuals and families in group or individual settings, monitors progress.
- Conducts an initial evaluation and establishes a treatment plan with specific treatment structure outcomes, goals and objectives within the first two sessions.
- *Maintains professional relationships with all students and their families and/or support systems.
- *Coordinates care when provided by multiple practitioners.
- *Completes all case documentation for clinical and billing purposes.
- *Maintains clinical record, meeting established standards of timeliness and completeness.
- *Is prompt and accurate in completing all required reports, statistics and other requirements.
- Always displays a courteous and caring attitude to the clientele, volunteers, and visitors of the Agency and One Oak.
- *Maintain an advanced clinical practice, meeting assigned productivity standard and meeting relevant documentation timelines in their own work.
- Provide back up/crisis availability in assigned location.
- *As designated, review evaluations and other clinical documentation to ensure appropriateness and training progression.
- Creates, maintains and shares as appropriate a dynamic self-care plan.
- * Strives to make connections between the agency and the larger community whenever possible in order to contribute to the agency’s ongoing fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- * Essential functions of this job are to be performed on company physical work site
- Cooperate and collaborate with program area staff, volunteers, and other Agency staff.
- Abide by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies and requirements.
- Develop personal and program related skills through participation in internal and external training opportunities including printed material and audio and/or visual media.
- Perform other program related duties as assigned.
*DENOTES ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or Social Work
- One year or more experience-this can include practicum and/or internship
- Must have PLMHP or LMHP
- Valid driver's license/ acceptable driving record
Self-care- Practices good self-care; maintains effective emotional regulation and manages stress.
Integrity-An authentic and honest therapist plays a key role in the client’s recovery. Often, a therapist will inadvertently become a role model for the client. That means the therapist should conduct their personal and professional lives with honesty and integrity.
Critical thinking- A therapist needs to have the ability to see beyond the surface of the clients issues.
Continuous learning- stay updated on the latest research and treatment plans to help clients in the best way possible.
Organization and Time-Management Strategies-Responsible for keeping track of paperwork, fees for clients.
Communication -Exhibits clear and concise verbal and written communications; communicates honestly and directly.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.