Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities.
Location: Maternal Fetal Medicine, will float between CUMC Bergan Clinic and Lakeside Clinic
Hours: PRN, 8a - 5p
Job Summary / Job Purpose
The Sonographer is responsible for performing obstetrical and gynecologic ultrasound examinations at a technical level in accordance with department protocols and applicable regulatory requirements. Will assume responsibility for the safe, efficient and proper operation of the ultrasound equipment.
- Produce high quality ultrasound images and obtain appropriate measurements for each exam.
- Recognize the sonographic appearance of normal and abnormal tissue structures and provide the best image quality for documentation.
- Document all applicable patient and procedure data consistently and correctly.
- Obtain and evaluate pertinent patient history and physical findings that may affect the sonographic examination.
- Explain procedures adequately to patients to maximize patient comfort and cooperation.
- Appropriate monitoring during all phases of procedure with special care taken to insure patient emotional and physical well-being.
- Communicate patient information in a professional and courteous manner to patients and to referring physician offices as required.
- Maintain the ultrasound equipment for cleanliness and ensure proper equipment maintenance and equipment safety.
- Calibrate and maintain equipment and order supplies when needed.
- Schedule and coordinate tests.
- Prepare and maintain operational logs.
- Assist with Quality Assurance/Improvements audits and activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- Graduate of an accredited school of Diagnostic Sonography program required.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) certification required.
Experience (required and preferred):
- 2 years related experience required.