Sr. Software Engineer Dist Sys
Physicians Mutual is hiring for a full time Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems in our Enterprise Technology Group. The selected candidate will design, develop, test and maintain web applications/ APIs/ Batch jobs in accordance with adopted standards for integration into larger subsystems. Interprets technical designs and writes automated unit test cases to support testing.
- A minimum of 8+ years experience Java Web Development using Java Enterprise Edition and modern web frameworks (Angular/Spring boot/Spring Batch) to design and implement enterprise business solutions is required.
- Experience integrating with REST-based web services (JAX/RS), is preferred.
- Experience working in an iterative development team environment using Agile/Scrum methodologies is desired.
- Working knowledge of Java Enterprise Edition using the EJB 3.0 Standard, Java Transaction and Persistence APIs, and/or OpenJPA 2.0, Hibernate is preferred.
- Experience in asynchronous messaging using the Java Messaging Service, Message Driven Beans, MQ Series or other messaging middleware is preferred.
- Experience in Java Concurrency API preferred.
- Experience implementing role-based access control in web applications using JEE declarative security is preferred.
- Experience developing unit tests for components and services utilizing JUnit and/or JMockit/Mockito is preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
Since our start in 1902, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company has held to our founders promise to provide protection to families when they need it most. In 1970, Physicians Life Insurance Company was founded and became a member of the Physicians Mutual family.
Today, we offer health, life and retirement products to millions of people from all walks of life. Weve been here for them. Listening. Answering questions. Empowering them with the specialized guidance they need to make confident decisions about their insurance.
Over the years, our dedication to delivering on our promise has helped make us one of the nations leading health and life insurance providers. In fact, we are rated in the top 1% of insurance companies. We consistently maintain some of the highest financial strength ratings in the nation from independent insurance analysts, including A.M. Best Company and Weiss Ratings, ensuring well be there for our policyowners and our employees far into the future.