Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on making their art, music, podcasts, and more.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Product Designer.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
What you will do:
- Understand the psychology of fans and own the persona for prospective patrons
- Own the design vision and execution of fan conversion on Patreon. This includes the most visible real estate of Patreon—the creator page—with over 30M monthly visitors.
- Orchestrate the launch of additional conversion levers (annual plans, gifting, live events, new payment methods)
- Guide teams towards execution excellence through discovery, research, experimentation, feature launches, and longer-term definition
- Significantly drive the product roadmap through a user-centric vision & strategy
- Lead and improve our collaborative design process, involving engineers, product managers, researchers, data scientists, marketing managers, and creator-facing teams
Skills and experience you possess:
- 6+ years of relevant product design experience
- Proven leadership in driving, communicating, and executing against a vision
- Strong systems design thinking across medium to high complexity problems
- Exceptional and imaginative problem solving in a greenfield domain or problem space
- Visual design excellence
- Agility in utilizing a variety of design discovery, research, and validation methods
- Familiarity with the nuances of metrics (business, data science, research) and uncovering the Why behind the numbers
- Mastery of design tools & outputs: Figma, design systems, responsive design, native mobile
- Passionate advocacy for users
- A humble, collaborative, and service-oriented approach to your career
Scrappiness & bias towards action: we’re building the future of creative independence and changing the way creative work is made. Let’s move!
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.