Sales Representative (Flooring)
Sales Representative (Flooring)
Summary: The sales representative is responsible to grow and develop the sales and margins of tile product lines with the retailer/dealer network; located within an assigned geographic territory.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with current customers and potential customers within specific territory
- Assist customers by providing knowledge and training company products to their store personnel, to ensure personnel is able to present product and negotiate well with consumers
- Understand our products, our market competition and how to position products to overcome these factors
- Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
- Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
- Quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales contracts for customer orders
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules.
- Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current customers and potential new customers
- Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product
- Research and analyze customer needs and demands based on market information
- Investigate and resolve customer claims/problems with deliveries, returns and credits
- Attend trade shows throughout the year as required
- Travel 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/or internationally.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in channel distribution sales
- Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience; natural stone, slab or hard flooring industries.
- Minimum 2 years of outside B2B sales experience
- Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Intermediate computer proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Confidence and motivation to work toward targets
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well alone or within a team
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
- Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000. Estimated annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $65,000 and $80,000 or more, depending on experience, education level and annual bonuses.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.