CRB is a leading provider of sustainable engineering, architecture, construction and consulting solutions to the global life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our more than 1,600 employees provide best-in-class solutions that drive success and positive change for our clients, our people and our communities. CRB is a privately held company with a rich history of serving clients throughout the world, consistently striving for the highest standard of technical knowledge, creativity and execution.
The Packaging Engineer is a market thought leader and valued project team member. This individual possesses deep knowledge of packaging materials and equipment in the Food and Beverage (F&B) industry, as well as key trends affecting the industry. The role is for an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual possessing the skills required to successfully develop and execute complex packaging projects. This person shall contribute to our company and clients’ strategies and have a strong drive to deliver solutions to our customers. The Packaging Engineer is responsible for coordinating with other disciplines including architects, structural, mechanical, I&C, electrical engineers and client personnel to ensure the design requirements are met.
- Gather packaging process data and develop project requirements.
- Develop design criteria and equipment lists for complex packaging processes.
- Develop detailed packaging process description narratives, process flow diagrams, and P&IDs.
- Develop process strategies/philosophies, as well as lean packaging line design for packaging projects
- Work directly with facility planners to layout the packaging process needs including space, adjacencies, and flows.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure the necessary details related to the packaging process are fully coordinated.
- Research equipment providers and make recommendations and selections based on client and project requirements.
- Lead writing process equipment specifications for complex packaging equipment.
- Lead writing testing requirements and attend factory acceptance tests (FATs) for equipment.
- Follow projects after construction documents are issued and review submittals, answer RFIs, and make field visits to verify progression of process scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
- Consult on packaging materials, containers, labeling, and primary / secondary / tertiary packaging.
- Represent CRB in a professional manner with external partners and clients.
- Stay abreast of latest technologies and associated costs in order to direct company strategy, and better serve our clients’ design requirements.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Degree in Packaging, Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
- 10 years of experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Professional Registration is not required, but is preferred
- Knowledge in regulatory standards, including cGMP, and FDA and USDA requirements
- Experience with various CAD programs (AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit, etc.)
- Relationships with Packaging Material and Equipment suppliers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
CRB is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Employment is contingent on background screening.
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
CRB offers a complete and competitive benefit package designed to meet individual and family needs.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.