In business since 1949, Mutual 1st Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned credit union. That means were focused on our members. We pass along savings by paying higher dividend rates on checking and savings accounts, charging lower fees (or no fees) and provide lower interest rates for loans than banks.
We're local, friendly and genuinely care about the community. Our unique culture and service philosophy is based on our core values: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Service, Community, and Learning. Our goal is simple: To improve the financial well-being of our members.
We are currently looking to fill a part-time Member Service Representative position with a dynamic, service oriented staff. This part-time position will work 1:00pm - 5:30pm and a minimum of two Saturdays a month from 9:00am - 12:00pm. See below for details about the position.
Provide internal and external members with quality service. Process transactions and cross-sell Credit Union products and services and make appropriate referrals for additional services.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide personal window service to members, greeting members by name when possible.
- Accept deposits and loan payments, process withdrawals, assist with payroll deduction changes, and sell cashiers checks and money orders.
- Collect service fees where appropriate. Resolve problems that are within authority to resolve.
- Process address changes and complete file maintenance documents.
- Disburse withdraw checks to members, ensuring all necessary signatures and forms are obtained prior to release.
- Provide consultative member service, determining member needs; confer with member on various product and service and explain benefits and features.
- Inform members of promotional specials.
- Develop and maintain positive member and staff relationships.
- Use tag-ons in every member interaction. Assist in achieving branch sales goals.
- Balance daily transactions, balance cash drawer and order cash from the vault to replenish drawer.
- Maintains member account information on computer system, assisting with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
Up to six months of similar or related experience, preferred. Prior cash handling and customer service experience, preferred.
A high school education or GED
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information.
- Intermediate Mathematical Skills required (calculations and concept involving decimals, percentages, fractions etc).
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with the public.
- Work requires extensive knowledge of credit union products and services.
- Effective oral communication and customer service skills required.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.